This week, my goal is to check in with myself more. I often beat myself up for not hearing my emotions, but I don’t really make great efforts to stop and hear them. I can notice when I am eating my emotions, or when I am projecting them. By then it’s a bit too late. I don’t want to continue to play catch up with myself.
To create more space to hear my emotions this week I’ll focus on:
1. Remaining fully grounded and present in my body. When I can tangibly feel my emotions I often respond quickly and effectively.
2. Creating moments of quiet check in. This is a good opportunity to introduce the boys to meditation. Even just taking a few deep breaths can help connect us to ourselves.
3. Take a moment before beginning to eat to check in. I often whiz through meal times when they are a great opportunity to fully engage the body <3
4. Go to the bathroom more and breathe deeply while I’m in there 🙂
Let’s see what happens next.
I’ll be honest. This week really kicked my ass. Grounding into Mother Earth through my feet wasn’t too hard. At least once a day, I’d check in with my feet. Then, I’d inhale down into Mother Earth and exhale back into my feet. This practice was great for bringing me back to the present moment and connecting me to my body.
Now that I’m in my body, I’m challenged by a few things:
- I really need to relax. The more I continued to breathe into Mother Earth, the more I realized how tightly wound I am. I love the idea of going to relax somewhere, but that ain’t happening. Returning to a more vigorous yoga practice and laying off the caffeine is a good start.
- I need to be more receptive. Even my breath is a bit aggressive. It leads me back to the fact that I really need to calm down.
- It’s time to move back to France. I felt in my bones that something big was coming. It no longer feels right here. I didn’t expect France to call us in. France is wonderful, but I love living here. I don’t want to go. However, I know it’s for the best.
Since deciding to move back to France, my eating has gotten a little out of control. I am eating my resistance. I’d rather not gain all my postpartum weight back. Next week I will focus on a grounding and calming yoga practice while challenging myself to connect to Mother Earth through mindful eating. Once a day, I’ll check in with how I am feeling before I decide what to eat. Then, I choose what to eat based on my emotions. I’ll match my moods to healthy foods. It’ll be entertaining <3
Until next week, Take Precious Care!